L'Oreal Nude Magique Lumi Cushion Review


This foundation has been the best thing to happen to the highstreet since contour compacts and highlighting palettes. Cushion foundations have been a thing within asian beauty for a while and it has slowly been creeping up to the west beauty scene. I first time I heard about an easy accessible cushion foundation was the Lancôme Miracle Cushion Fluid Foundation which actually has the shame amount of product (14g) as the L'Oreal however its twice the price (obviously).


This range currently has 7 shades of poor choice, as they only range from very light to light medium. Great news for the pale people however not so great for those who are medium to deep skin tones. This is where the Lancôme Cushion Foundation wins as they do have a variety from light to deep shades. I got the lightest shade just to be on the safe side and that 01 Porcelain which is usually the shade name for the lightest shade that a lot of companies make, and I have to say its a pretty good match for me.


 The packaging is actually ok considering it's a highstreet brand and its well thought out. It contains a mirror and the little pad that you use to apply the foundation. The germ freak in me was satisfied to learn that you can actually wash this and leave out to dry ready to use it for another time, although I don't intend to use it. However it is great that you do have the option to keep you make up as sanitary as you can as sponges are known to harbor and grow bacteria.


So when you first open it you see that the cushion is sealed so there is no waste of product before you use it. I also go the Glam Bronze Cushion de Soleil which is, as you expect, a bronzer version of this product. as you can see they are both packaged in the same way however there is only one shade of bronzer. Considering ho popular this product has been I believe they will make more shades.


The pigmented liquid is soaked into the cushion so when you tap away the pigment lifts off onto your applicator. I use mine with a beauty blender. I use the ball of it to bounce on the foundation...


... and then the tip to dot into the bronzer, and dot onto the perimeter of the face. I then use the ball or the side to blend it in. surprisingly this isn't too orange and actually gives quite a natural sun kissed look.


I have dry skin and this foundation makes me look so dewy that my skin looks almost oily. However, it makes my skin looks very healthy and full of life. Its a light to medium coverage and has an spf of 25 so I wouldn't wear this on a night out however its perfect for every day and when my skin is a little lack luster.


Have you got your hands on this yet!? If so tell me what you think, I'm interested to see how you oily skinned folks like it!

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.