The Balm Nude Tude Palette

I have been wanting the palette for years. Not lusting for it per say but I have been umming and ahhing whether to get it or not, and I have bitten that bullet. I saw YT'er Estée Lalonde talk about this palette a few years ago, and she used it many times in a lot of videos so I thought it must be a good one to have several features.


The packaging looks like this, and its really different to any other palette that I've seen around. It caught my eye because to the illustrations and the effort that was made into a simple palette. As a brand I know that The Balm use cheeky sexual puns in order to maybe catch peoples eye and as you can see the illustrations in this palette is no different. I don't really like the ouster packaging as it's quite old fashioned and doesn't really have a wow factor, and in all honesty its a little boring, but the inside of the palette makes up for it.


The shadows in this palette are very pigmented and easy to blend, however the only con I have is the colour selection. As you can see there are only two light shades. When you look are the product photography on a website retailer such as Fell Unique which is where I got my palette from the colours do look lighter. However when I got this palette I was a little disappointed as most of the colours are really dark, and its really hard to make this a everyday use palette unless you want something that is a little smokey. I wouldn't really use the colours Sassy and Snobby as they don't go with my skin tone at all. Sassy is a satin white that is richly pigmented however its too stark on me and Snobby isn't as richly gold as I would have liked and its more of a satin yellow.


I wouldn't say that I regret buying the palette as I have been using it, however I would have liked it to be something that was worth all those years of pondering about. I will use this palette for a smokey eye but not for an everyday look.


Hope you enjoyed the blog post, I know I haven't posted anything in a while. The holidays was a crazy time.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.