DUPE ALERT!!! Velvet Teddy Vs Nude Perfection

Velvet Teddy on the right, Nude Perfection on the left.
Everyone who is a beauty lover have always been on the search for dupes for the M.A.C lipsticks. They are a staple in everyones collection beauty lover or not, and they are at a higher price £15.50 here in the Uk, however would it be better if there was a high street alternative? I have been using the Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection for a while now and I have been in love with it! I even considered buying it in bulk since I thought they wouldn't last long on the shelves and I was right, they have been flying. Looking at the photo you can see that mine is very well loved. Before this pencil I never wore any nude hippies because I believed that i was too pale and that brighter shades would look better however this is a whole new ball park for me, and I have to say that I'm ok with change.

 Velvet Teddy has been said to be one of Kylie Jenner's favorite lipsticks to pull off her signature 90's lip that is all the range these days. This was partly why I got it not going to lie but I though "hey if she can pull it off I might give it a go." and I really like it!! 
Side by Side.
 I didn't make the connection between these two for a while. I don't really know why but when I wanted a nude I never really went for Velvet teddy as I thought it might be too bold however as you can see they are exactly the same. I found this out when I used the Velvet pencil to line in my lips and I then used Velvet Teddy to fill in the lips and then I saw they were exactly the same!!!
As fas as I have tested out Velvet Teddy lasts a little longer but as it is higher end that is to be expected, however as for the look and the finish they are identical. Next time you are at your next Boots or Superdrug give the Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencils a try! I have also heard that they make a great dupe for the Nars Velvet Pencils also. All around great product.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.