So I bought a Morphe Palette...

I have always been on the side of "I will never buy into those cheap looking palettes" when it comes to Morphe. I see big beauty gurus pushing the brand and I found it such a big turn off. We get it, you get sent the products and you have to say something about it, and because it's not anything negative, it's ok because you've still said something, and you'll continue to receive products. This is what my mind was saying whenever I saw another Morphe Eyeshadow palette pop up on Snapchat or Insta-story. 


I have bought brushes from the brand and they are surprisingly very well made and I use them everytime I do my eye makeup. I was on the BeautyBay website just browsing the other day and I saw that they actually have some Morphe Palettes in stock. As suspected they didn't have the famous ultimate warm orange 35O palette in stock. I don't really know what came over me but I got too intrigued to back out. This is when I decided to get the 35K (Koffee) palette which has some warm tones as well as some cooler toned shadows. 

I received this palette two days later and I have to say that it's a pretty decent palette. I paid £22 for my palette which you could probably get it cheaper if you live in the USA and can use an influencers code. I have to say this to get out off my chest but they were not lying about the pigmentation. I obviously cannot comment on their other palettes, as this is my first but I am intrigued to try their other palettes now. I have to agree that the palette is pretty cheap looking, but the quality of the product is there. 


Here I have swatched a few shades. I went with the palette that had the most mattes in as I know mattes can be unpigmented and patchy if they are not done well. This palette has a variety of matte colours and the formula is very nice. If I were to compare them with drugstore palettes that I've owned in the past. The only issue I have is that in this palette there isn't a good base colour for setting eye primer, and a lot of the mattes shades are similar to others in the palette.

The shimmers and satins, however, are beautiful. Super buttery and pigmented. I now know why those are the ones that the beauty gurus live swatch in Snapchat videos. They are not chunky whatsoever and have zero fall-out, and the formula is very comparable to high-end brands.


I got this palette to use every day instead of my high-end palettes. I think that is perfect for that as you basically have every colour you'll ever need for day to day if you are a basic hoe like me. I highly recommend this palette in particular for the basic shade range. I did try to depot one colour (dark grey) that I'll never wear and it de-potted fairly easy. It would have been an easy fix to re-install it back in the palette, but I dropped it. But there is the option of taking a couple of shades travelling in a Z-Palette.

Would I recommend trying Morphe? Yes, and I should have done sooner. If you treasure your eyeshadow palettes like I do and just want something to use every day, without the compromise in quality but easy on the wallet, I say buy a palette. They have a wide variety of palettes from cool, neutral, warm and even bright colours. You can get them at BeautyBay or CultBeauty if you live in the Uk.

Have you tried Morphe? Do you want to now? Let me know your thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.