Biggest Haul of 2017. (Beware large post).


This rather large haul was acquired over a couple of months and I didn't buy it all in one go (I only wish I was that crazy). I'll start with the black box that's quite blurry in the left bottom corner, sorry about that. That is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in the colour N2. I have seen Desi Perkins on YouTube rave about this foundation as being hydrating yet full coverage and I wanted to go back to liquid foundations for a while now so I want to give it a go. I have tried it a handful of times and so far I like it, although it's not the longest wearing.


Debenhams in the Uk is getting better when it comes to makeup these days. They have a better range of Too Faced, Kat Von D but they also not have Buxom which I am very happy about. I'll start off with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray which I have wanted for a while, however, I never have been fully committed to buying this as I am a full fledges Mac Fix + addict and proudly so.

I got another Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Bauhau5. I have wanted this shade for ages, however, something in me wanted to buy all the nudes first. This shade is a lot pinker on the lips than it is in the packaging, as I thought it would be a bit more purple. I still love the colour but for me, it's definitely a statement shade.


The other liquid lipstick I got is from TooFaced, which is a formula I've wanted to try for a while as it apparently is plumping on the lips. At first, it has a slight cold feeling but not particularly plumping or anything. The shade I got was in Child Star which is a perfect muted nude pink. I love this shade and formula so I might be tempted to pick up a couple more colours.

My last lip purchase in this haul is the Buxom lipgloss in White Russian. For a while now I have been stalking Sephora wanting this lipgloss that can't be shipped to the Uk. I thought to myself "WHYY"! I am not even a lip gloss wearing kind of girl but after seeing it everywhere on youtube a couple of years ago I've always wanted it. So, when Debenhams announced they were stocking it on their Instagram, I knew I had to make it mine. The price wasn't bad either at just £15, so that would be comparable to any Mac or Urban Decay gloss. I wore it the day I got it and I am in love. It's so plumping, in a non-painful way, and super glossy. I have become a gloss lip convert.


One of the biggest purchase that I have made these passing months was the Benefit Cheek Parade. I've never purchased anything by Benefit before and I heard that their boxed blushes are really good. So when they came out with this palette with five full-sized blushes and bronzers I couldn't pass it up. It comes with original Hoola Bronzer, Dandelion Blush, Rockatour Blush and two new products they released recently which are Hoola Lite Bronzer and Galifornia Blush. My Galifornia blush didn't come with much gold overlay, which I was disappointed with. I also noticed that these powders are very heavily scented, so If you're sensitive to smells I would possibly try and go to a Benefit counter before purchasing one of these blushes. Overall though, I am very happy with this purchase and have used it nearly on a daily basis. This palette is retailed for £49.50, however, I got 20% off on the Look Fantastic website with a code they were offering at the time.


Seeing as I've admitted countless times that I am a YouTube fan is it no surprise that I had to get my hands on the Manny Mua x Jeffree Star Collaboration highlighter in Eclipse? They also came out with liquid lipsticks but the shades didn't really take my fancy, and I already have some of his liquid lipsticks. I have never tried his highlighter formula before so I wanted to get the highlighter, and it is as big as it looks. The formula for me is questionable though. When built up it's a very nice blinding peach/white highlighter, but as I said it does require some blending as it isn't as buttery as my other Becca highlighters. It's quite the dry formula, but none the less I do really like wearing it under other highlights as it sort of gives them an extra boost of glow. I am very happy with this purchase, as it was a ball ache to get a hold of. I got it off the BeautyBay website after shortly receiving an email. Initially, I wasn't dead set on getting any of the products, however after seeing how hard it was to get I wanted it more and more and I was still waiting on getting it two hours later after I checked out.


Another highlighter Ceri really? I have to admit that ever since I saw this highlighter on Instagram with all the shiny purple packaging I had to have it. I am so glad that I got this as it gives me that perfect unicorn highlight that's all the rage right now. When you first swatch it is a bright lavender lilac shade, however when it wears away more of the pink sparkle comes through. It's definitely a unique shade that I have in my collection. perfect when I want something different.


The last makeup product that I bought was the Urban Decay Liquid Moondust Shadow in the shade Solstice. I really wanted to get the dark brown version at first but when I really thought about it, why should I buy a simple colour that I think I'm going to wear every day, but not wear that often because it has a lot of shimmers. That's why I went for the shade Solstice wich is a terracota base with gold and turqoise shimmer particles. It's gorgeous and the formula is great. I'm not sure about the applicator as it's a brush tip and I think the bristles move the shimmer when you try to layer the product. I haven't worn it yet so I can only comment on the swatch that I did on my hand, but after it dried, it didn't move when I touched it.


The only skincare product I have in this haul is the SkinRx MadeCera Cream. I have been suffering from tiny breakouts on the right-hand side of my chin for about a month now and I have no idea why it's happening. Sometimes I only have dry skin there, sometimes a blemish pops up, it's been getting me down so much. I know a lot of people suffer from acne and severe blemishes and I am only moaning about a couple of tiny ones, but I feel as though because the skin is red in that area and nowhere else it just makes it a lot more noticeable. I found that this cream really calms the redness down and smooths out the skin, and it makes it a lot easier to cover it with makeup. I believe it's a Korean brand and from what I'ver personally experienced, they know a lot about skincare.

Last but not least is the new Real Techniques MultiTech brush range and I got it in the size Large. I own a lot of their brushes including their bold metals range, and this I have to say is the softest synthetic brush that I own, and its the softest compared to their whole line. I use this mainly for bronzer. although it does state you can use it for foundation and with creams.

Swatches: MannyMua X Jeffree Star Collaboration Highlighter (top) - Becca Prismatic Amethyst Shimmering Skin Perfector (bottom). 
Urban Decay Liquid Moonstone in Solstice, first brush stroke, second blended out, the third swatch is Mac Blue/Brown pigment.

Finger Swatches: Blue/Brown Pigment by Mac (top), Solstice Moondust Shadow (bottom).

I hope you liked this long post. I will try and post more regular updates if I get new bits and bobs, instead of hoarding. Comment this post if you have bought anything new recently, or even if you've bought the same things as I have. Let me know your thoughts!

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.