U R B A N D E C A Y - Ultimate Naked Basics Palette

Probably one of Urban Decays biggest launches this year was their fall collection. It included their moon dust palette, eyeliners and then it shortly followed by what Urban Decays fans had been waiting for, the all matte (but not really) Ultimate Naked Basics Palette. 


I have to say that the packaging is stunning. It is plastic however it looks more substantial than the other naked basics palette due to the colour and design. The colour selection is great, and even contains some colours that I don't consider basic. When you look back at the other two Naked Basics Palettes they have made, I would consider those basic. The browns and the lights yellow/peach shades. In this palette there are hints of colour. Something that wouldn't be considered a neutral, in my opinion, a couple of years ago would be the terracotta orange shade, then a dark burgundy colour. In a way this palette, made even obvious due to having 12 shades, gives you more variety with which looks you can create.


This palette looks great, however it does say its an all matte palette however it does have that one satin shade that throws it off. Its a little pet peeve of mine however. I would have really liked this shade to have been matte, as I hate it when I reach for this palette and Ive completed my eye look, then I need something to highlight my inner corner and brow bone… That when I’ll reach for another palette or eyeshadow because I don't want a sheen to my eye look. The other thing I have with this palette is that the quality isn't as good as my other Basics palette. These seem a little more stiff, not smooth and even a little dusty, not creamy. Luckily though the pigment is great. I would highly recommend this palette if you're a beginner with eyeshadow as these shadows are very forgiving and you wont be able to go in with a heavy hand straight away. 

The brush isnt anything special, however its great for sumging out shadow to create a smokey effect. However I personally could acheive an eyelook with just this brush.




To conclude the review, I like this palette. Do I love it? Not really. Its in my collection if I want an all matte look and it has a bunch if good transition shades, even those pops of colour that it has are great. I can see myself taking this palette as something I would take with me travelling as the packaging is sturdy enough that it wont get damaged and it has a huge mirror. However is it something I would consider special, and would try and savour it? No.

S W A T C H E D : lethal, extra bitter, blow, magnet . 

Hope you found my review helpful! Stay tuned for my next palette review, which is a limited edition palette.  Those are the best lets be fair. 


Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.