KAT VON D - Metal Matte Eyeshadow Palette


Ever since I saw an empty version of this palette on Trendmoods Instagram I knew it would be a great palette and I would have to have it. I already own the shade and light eye contour palette and the formula of those shadows are great, so I was exited to see if the formula was the same. I  have to say I wasn’t immediately blown away with the colour selection. I thought to myself that it had too much colour and not enough neutrals, but I realised thats not what this palette is for. I missed out on the Mi Vida Loca Palette last year and I still regret it, so I thought to myself I had to have this palette and I am so glad that I got it.


The packaging of this palette is very nice. The fact that the name Metal turns to Matte when you turn the palette upwards to downwards is very clever. Although I wouldn't consider this a travel friendly palette due to its size its an impressive value for money. In the Uk on the Debenhams Website the Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette goes for £36 and in there toy get 9 of her standard sized shadows and 3 larger base shades. In this palette you get 13 of her standard eyeshadow sized matte shades, and then you get 9 of round shadow pans in the metallic formula. This palette is £50, however its value is so much more considering the amount of product you get.


As you can see compared to the other palette, you get the colours as well as the names on the other side of the packaging.


The formula of the matte shades are very different to the mattes in the Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette.  These mattes are a little dryer and less buttery, however the pigment still packs a punch. I would recommend building up the shadow bit by bit blending it as you go. Due to the dryer texture of these shadows, if you put on full pigment on the lid and try and blend it out it could blend out patchy and ruin the whole look.


You also get a little slip with the palette showing 3 looks you can acheive with the palette. I personally wouldnt wear these looks as I prefer using colours that go together instead of making a statement look by clashing colours together. 


Here are finger swatches of three metalic shades.


Here are the shades swatched on my arm, including their matte versions. They are swatched with no aid of primer or water.



Over all I really like this palette due to all the colours and the variety of looks you can make with it. I have used this palette daily since receiving it in the post and I highly recommend it.

You can get the palette in the Uk on the Debenhams Website HERE. It is a limited edition palette and is currently sold out on the Sephora Website. So if you want it, hurry!

Many Thanks x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.