Real Techniques Bold Metals


Ever since I started getting seriously into make up Real Techniques brushes have been a staple in my everyday make up routine. I remember, when it was my first year of university and I hadn't made that many friends, I turned to watching make up tutorials on Youtube and I never thought make up was something more then just slapping a liquid on my face. The first ever brush that I bought was the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, and I still have it to this day. Of course since then my obsession with make up has grown including my Real Techniques brush collection.


The Bold Metals range by Real Techniques came out a few years ago and to be honest I wasn't really that fussed. The quality of these brushes are very soft however I personally don't see the difference.  The shapes that you see in the Bold Metals Collection cannot be found in their regular quality brush sets. The brushes are also weighted to give a more professional feel, and then coated in a metallic paint. So although I feel like the quality rivals the rest of the brushes in the Real Techniques range they are visually stunning.

Due to the influenced of Instagram and all of social media blowing up over contouring a couple of years back, I really wanted a flat brush to create straight lines with. That's when I invested in the Bold Metals 301 Contour Brush. This brush is perfect to create those sharp contour lines and its dense enough to blend out product. I have also seen it been used for foundation however I have never tried the brush out for that. This was my holy grail brush when it came to contouring back in the day as I don't really do all of that on the daily now. Its great with powders and creams and you won't find anything like it within the standard line.

The second brush that I bought individually was the 300 Blush Brush. I have to say this is my favorite from the whole Bold Metals Collection. Its the perfect size for my face and its still fluffy while being dense enough to pick up a decent amount of product. I actually have two of these as I bought a set a couple of months back which is called Bold Metals Essentials which came with three different brushes. In the set you get the 103 Angles Powder Brush which is the biggest brush that they make I believe and its also an exclusive to this set. I use this for powdering my face as it can cover a large amount of area with a small amount of product. I'll admit though I do prefer this to the large powder brush that they have in their standard collection just because of the shape as I feel the power brush is too domed and round to get precision on where you want to powder. Back to the 300 brush which you also get in this set, I feel that the shape is different. The one I bought individualy is more thin and tapered to a point which the one I received in the set is a little more chunky and dense, so I use this one for blush and my other one for highlight. On to the last brush in the set which is the 200 Oval Shadow Brush which is a basic shadow brush, and I have to say I prefer the eye brushes that they have in the regular collection as they are more tapered. This brush is a little bit too big for my eye for eyeshadow so I mostly use it for concealer, or to put on a base shadow all over the lid.

Another brush that I bought when I got the set was the 201 Pointed Crease brush. I really like as this blends out colours in the crease like a dream. I don't really like to apply colour its it so I use it clean and let it diffuse the colours out. 




The question is are they worth it? For brushes that are on the highstreet they are very expensive. For the set of three that I got which was £64, is roughly a little more than £21 each and the 200 Oval Shadow brush on its own is £15. I thought the general rule of putting things in sets what to get better value for your money? I just hope that the clutch that I got in the set was for free as its cheap and tacky, and I honestly threw it in the bin along with the brush packaging. I would have to say that the brushes are really nice however if you don't want the specific shapes that these offer the brushes in their regular collection as just as good. Personally I would save your £64 and invest in higher end quality brushes. I do like the brushes don't get me wrong here, they apply make up really nice and I have washed them countless times and they are still in great condition, but this goes the same for their regular range as well. Conclusion, if you want to invest in good quality brushes go for higher end as these are nearly the same as their regular brushes.

Hope this post helped you whether you were wondering about getting these brushes or not. If it did please share it to help others.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.