May Favorites


As you might have seen in my recent haul, well in one of my most recent hauls anyway, you would have seen that I got the Illamasqua primer. It is one of the best on the market as they say. Who says that I have no clue, however they were right! I have never been a huge primer person however I do struggle in keeping my make up on through the day. If I do want longer lasting make up I go for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation whit usually lasts all day, but sometimes I want a lighter coverage, and an even lighter feeling. The texture of this primer is like none other out there, and for this reason alone it can be understood why its a cult product. When opening the packaging you get a little spoon that you mix the primer with. It forms a jelly texture that you take a small scoop of and then apply. My technique of using this product would be to apply it onto my finger, mush it up between my fingertips and apply all over the face. Some might say just to apply it in the problem ares however I prefer to apply all over so my face has an even texture. Not only does this successfully fill in my pores but it does make my make up last all day, even on my nose where foundation and concealer first vanishes. My only complaint is the price tag, and this product averages at £30. This for me is an ok price for the results you are getting however for something that Ive become addicted to using everyday, I don’t want to know the date for when I’ll have to purchase this gem again. I may have to go to primer counseling.


Bourjois are really having their moment in the spotlight for me at the moment, bringing out so many releases I can’t keep up, but my favorite for me this month is something that has been out for a long time. It is the Bourjois Liner Feutre in Noir Moka. Ive always been a black eyeliner kinda gal, for years, it might have something to do with the fact I want through that faze at 15 where black was my colour as it resembled my soul and that yada yada yada. As I’ve started to experiment with make up more and with uni getting stress full and that I am starting to like the more natural look. I really like the matte brown shadows and even been wearing brown mascara, so winging it out with a brown eyeliner instead of black has become a staple. The formula of this is very pigmented and inky, and also stains the lid a bit, so you know it lasts a long time. My tip is getting a little less pointy these days as I have used it so much so I do have to clean the edges with a little concealer if I am going for that precise wing look.


I have never been a lash girl. I always found them too difficult to apply, the glue to be a pain and they always seemed to poke me in the eye! Now I know better, and I’ve become a daily lash wearer. Say what? In the mornings when I am in a rush and I don’t have time to put eyeshadow and liner on I pop on my false lashes. Mascara alone now doesn’t cut it for me, as my average size lashes with not a lot of volume just looks strange if I am wearing foundation and have done my brows. The ones I really like are the Eylure Natural and the Kiss Shy as they are so fluttery and don’t look all that false. I also apply them with the Duo Lash Glue in the Black formula as it kind of gives off the appearance of liner.


I don’t know if I have ever mentioned it on here but I have crazy hair. Its thick, curly/wavy and gets frizzy in any weather. This means I do use also of heat tools and products in my hair. Its pretty damaged as in my teens I used a straightener that you had to load up with water so it made steam, and now in my early 20’s Im using GHDs. I don’t like getting my hair cut as its always so awkward. You go there, they shampoo your hair, talk about their kids, their family, maybe what they are doing to their new kitchen, and I’m there like… I came for a haircut not your life story. Introvert here, hello. Its always awkward when you have to converse with people you have nothing in common with, not even an age range. Anyways, back to the product, the Lee Stafford Breaking Hair Leave in Treatment has become a life saver product for my hair. It makes it so soft and shiny, even from its first use. The smell of the product I am not a huge fan of, its nice but not nice, but it works amazing. Amazing enough for me to consider trying something else from the range.


Check? Me? I used to wear things with check all the time back in the day. A red shirt with black check used to be my favorite shirt of all time and I wore it to death. So now I find myself with something at the other end of the scale. A white shirt, with blue check. it's called the Oversized large scale checked shirt. At first I didn’t know how to wear this, I actually thought it was a dress at first, then I used it as a jacket, but it doesn’t look right on me unless I wear it on its own. I love it, its oversized so its really comfortable and it even has pockets. When I was doing all nighters at the library it was something I wasn’t itching to take off and go put on my pajamas. It most defiantly a casual piece that is good for days out, but doesn’t look so casual like you haven’t made an effort. I haven’t been so obsessed about a piece of clothing in a while.

Thank you so much for reading. Tell me what your favorites have been over this month, and tell me if you have any recommendations.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.

The Morphe 39A Palette. Review & Swatches.