Bourjois New La Laque Nail Polish Review.

When Bourjois came out with a new nail polish I had to investigate... and I had the good instinct to do so. These polishes are like nothing I've ever tried. They are really watery however they are super pigmented and fast drying.

The first thing that caught my eye was the packaging as they are unlike anything I've seen. They have an unusual triangle bottle which at first I found difficult to hold when first trying to apply the polish, however once you get a hold of it correctly it becomes easy. It is actually super comfortable to hold compared to circular lids as it ensures no slippage. The triangular shape of the bottle also forms a circle when four polishes are put together as seen in the photo below, which I think when tied around like a bow would make a nice little gift.


The colours that I picked up are shown below. There are also some suggestions if you cannot get these polishes in your local area like mine, which stock Bourjois but not their nail polish.

  • The white shade is called White Spirit and unlike most white nail polishes it goes super opaque in one swipe. 
  • The pink shade is called Lycheers which could be a dupe for the Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy Nail Polish in Vintage Rose (which might be recently discontinued).  
  • The bright blue shade is called Only Bluuuue which is a close shade to the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Damson, its the perfect sailor blue.
  • The pale pink is called Chair et Tendre which morbidly translates to 'and tender flesh' in French. I love this colour and I don't have anything like this in my collection.
  • The turquoise shade is called Ni Vemis Bleu which translates to 'or blue lacquer' in French. It is a similar colour to the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Guava only the Bourjois one is a little more green.
  • Last but not least the orange shade is called Orange Outrant which translates to 'exaggerating orange' in French. I love orange shades in summer and in the autumn months. 
I have my eye on the colours Cherry D'Amour, Marron Show and Flamblant Rose to pick up next time. Luckily they are always on some kind of offer on the high street.

.

Even on my nails the polish lasts for a really long time. The first shade I wore in this collection was the bright blue shade and it lasted up to 5 days on my nails, and they usually chip after one day! So I am very impressed. If you are in a hurry one coat would do the job and would dry quick leaving a shiny finish, just like if you applied a top coat. Personally I like to do my nails when I have time and when I like to pamper myself. So as usual I apply a base coat, two coats of the nail lacquer and then a top coat.


Hope that you found my review helpful, and if you have already tried these let me know how you got on.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.

The Morphe 39A Palette. Review & Swatches.