My Dissertation Project.



This year for my Dissertation project I have chosen to do my work based on Animal testing within the cosmetic Industry. I have been jumping from one subject to another with this module, and then decided that I would do my project about my homeland of Wales, however I didn’t really enjoy it as I thought this would take months in the planning and I wouldn’t really be able to use my Illustrations in the way that I would have liked. So I was going on and on at my boyfriend about the whole thing and then he offered up the suggestion of this project, animal testing within the cosmetic industry. This really intrigued me as I do love beauty products however I have never really thought of what does into them or how they had been tested.
So upon researching I have found a lot of wrongs in a world that promotes perfection. You would think that there would be easy finds in the beauty industry that have no ingredients in them that have been tested on animals, it isn’t easy however it can be done.

The Body Shop have an excellent selection of cosmetics that are cruelty free. Their range goes from primers and foundations to now even nail polishes.

Another obvious choice would be LUSH Cosmetics however their range are not very extensive. I believe they currently have 2 shades of foundation, mascaras, eyeshadows, eyeliners and a good range of lipsticks. However they have an amazing 100% vegetarian beauty products such as soaps, bath bombs, and so many more. My favorite products from their range is the Ocean Salt face and body scrub, Brazilliant solid shampoo, which I have used as a shampoo and as a means to clean my make up brushes, and finally the Mask of Magnaminty which is what I always use when I have troubled skin, plus it lasts for ages.

So back to the project, I plan on illustrating a whole book of facts about the topic, and to go with it I shall make stickers and washcloths. I shall be conducting an interview with a LUSH member of staff in the following week just to get more fact as I plan on having the LUSH company as my figurative client during this project. 

*I have emailed LUSH asking them permission to do this and they have kindly agreed*

I hope to keep you updated as I go along with starting the whole process and I hope you enjoy.



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12808001/?claim=kz6w3njze3t">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.