January Favorites.

 I cannot believe it is the and of January already, better start getting ready for Christmas! But all jokes aside, it has gone super quick and to think that I have been wearing make up every single day, makes me think that this isn't that many favorites. I would like to think that this month my make up has been pretty minimal compared to the christmas festivities so with that I shall start with an oldie but a goodie, The Bubblegum lip scrub by LUSH. I don't usually have an issue with dry lips as I do carry a lip balm everywhere or apply it on before I go out, however on the odd occasion my lips did start to shed its winter coat and that makes flakey lipstick, which is not a good look. So I apply lip balm, stick the lip scrub to it and go to town, and because it tastes so darn good I just lick it off, which sounds disgusting considering that I'm consuming dead skin, but its my own so it doesn't bother me. This is also a good prep for when I want to wear any matte lipstick, especially any liquid lipsticks.
Although a new purchase, the Double Exposure palette from Smashbox was an easy staple this month. I loved using the rustic browns and even dipped into the violet tones in the palette. I really liked the fact that you can use the shadows wet to build up the intensity, which on the days that I wanted a little darker crease came in handy.

The Maybelline Matte Maker face powder has really had its use this month and I think it is near hitting pan, which is always exiting. I have to say that I do prefer the Soap & Glory one heck of a blot powder however I'm waiting until it comes on the 3 for 2 deal. This however has ben doing the job and actually makes you really matte, I also find that it provides extra base blending. 

Anastasia.. Anastasia ... what will I do without you ... This month I have killed it with my brows. The Brow Wiz has been a favorite of mine ever since I bought it and I use it nearly every single day. However now its coming to and end and I don't know if I should re-purchase. I LOVE this, hence capitals, however Soap & Glory have launched a new brow pen that has been named the ultimate dupe for this product, so I might give that a go. Expect a post.

Cake Eyeliner by Make up store. The answer to my prayers! My feline flicks have never been so straight and perfect, I give all the credit to this tiny pot. This is the best thing ever if you like your liquid liners. I use the 315 Fine Liner brush by Zooeva, wet it and just swirl it around. The brush keeps its point so its supper easy to achieve the fine point, and voila! It also lasts all day considering its a water based product. LOVE!
A blush that Ive been loving is the Stila Custom Colour Blush. I have the shade in Bronze. Sometimes I will use a light hand and use it as a bronze however must days I just use it on the regular as a orange toned blush, which is great. It has gold sparkles in, which I have to admit I do like as for these winter months.

Last but not least, Peach Blossom by MAC. It is my new favorite lipstick of all time! It is a sheer peach colour that goes with any make up look and it is so easy just to throw on. Expect to see a MAC lipstick collection post soon. Those were my favorites for the month of january and Im still enjoying them at the start of this month. Hope you enjoyed reading! Let me know what you have been loving and feel free to recommend anything you think I might like.
Many Thanks.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.