Desi x Katy Dose of Colours Collection Review



When I first heard about this collection I was all over this. Desi Perkins is my number one when it comes to youtube videos. I think she is so beautiful and genuine, so I knew anything she would come out with would be the bomb. I had alarms dedicated to this launch and timed it right to the second when it would launch. Lucky for me I finished work at 3pm and the launch was 10am pacific eastern standard time which is 6pm in the Uk so I was ready, and waiting at my laptop.I have to give Dose of Colours mega probs for the checkout. I got everything that I really wanted and paid with no problem and got a confirmation about 10minutes later.

My only con about the whole thing was shipping. I had to wait almost a month for it to arrive, which is the longest I've ever had to wait for a package from the US. I also had to pay £19 in duty and customs which was a pain. So in the end, I had to pay around £60 for everything. Which is what I paid in dollars initially.

The Packaging really is nice. When I saw online that they changed it from a plastic packaging to a cardboard type packaging, I was dreading that it would look cheap but it really doesn't. The eyeshadow quad really does sparkle in the sunlight and looks so pretty. Then the lip products have that soft touch matte packaging that is a beautiful shade of blush pink. The products that I picked up was The Girls Shadow Quad, Hot Fire Liquid Lipstick and No Shade lipstick. I didn't want to get the whole shade because the highlighters seemed like they would be too dark for my complexion. I was interested in getting the SavagĂ© Liquid Lipstick, however, I have similar shades to this and I didn't think I would get enough wear out of it.

The Girls Eyeshadow Quad.
When I saw swatches for this, I knew if I had to get anything from this collection, it would have to be this shadow palette. When you get the palette, it comes with an information on how to use the shades and how they would describe the colour. I love all the shade but my favourite in particular, if I had to choose one is the green shade Harpoon. It swatches a moss green but has intense flecks of gold, it's stunning. I have to say that the colour I have used most is the shade Suz, and I've used this on my inner corner with a lot of different looks, as well as in the middle of the lid. My only gripe with this palette is that it's recommended to use your fingers to apply the shadow. The shadows apply just fine with a brush, it's just that you get a little fallout, and the colour doesn't apply as evenly as it would with the fingers. At least that has something that lets you know which shadow to use wet or dry and to apply each shade with the fingers.

In direct sunlight.

In the light indoors.
No Shade Lipstick.
Seeing as Katy and Desi are darker complexions than myself I thought I would go for the lighter nude. I personally don't think this shade suits me sadly. I find it very difficult to wear on its own as although it swatches a little pink, it translates a little too peachy/orange on my lips. I can make it work with a little lip liner, it's just a shame that it wasn't something that suits me. The formula,  however, is really great!


Hot Fire Liquid Lipstick.
This shade is amazing. It's a perfect orange-red yet super bright shade. I love a good red lip however my favourite type of red is an orange based red, and I have a feeling that this shade for the summer would be really great. I don't think this would be great in the next couple of months for myself, but you better believe I'll be cracking this out when its spring and summer.


Will I consider getting more of the collection since I've seen more reviews? Honestly, I would. I'd consider getting the lighter highlighter and the More Creamer Please lipstick. The only issue is that I would have to order from the Dose of Colours website again, and I am not willing to wait another month for it to arrive. If they were to sell the collection on BeautyBay however, that would be a different story.


No Shade and Hot Fire arm swatch.



Hope you liked this post, and let me know what you would like to see next, and if you want to see any looks with any of these products. As stated you can get these at Dose of Colours.Com

My next blog post will be something I've wanted ever since I first saw the first blurry images of it on Instagram, so to see what I am talking about, please follow my blog, it would really mean a lot to me!


Many Thanks x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.