D E - P O T T I N G


Something that isn't a necessity, but something that I really needed doing. De - potting palettes. I own a lot of eyeshadow and face palettes and some of them really need a good clear out. I bet all of us make up junkies have a very ugly looking palette that we don't even look at anymore because it's so beat up. I have wanted to invest in a Z-Palette for a long while, however never really felt like I needed it (plus I was a little scared of messing things up). I have a few pans of the Make Up Geek shadows that are still in their packaging that I don't really reach for anymore because they are too flimsy for me to bother with since I have shadows that are stuck in an actual palette.


I bought the Z-Palette in the black colour and in the large size. I actually have enough to fill it. I also got the de-potting spatula which will help me take pans out of old palettes. Knowing myself I'd probably use a knife and end up damaging the makeup, or worse, myself. I got both the palette and the spatula off Beauty Bay which in my opinion is the best place to find things from indie brands.


The palettes that I de-potted were my Lime Crime Grunge Palette and my Smashbox Palette. As you can see my Lime Crime Palette has had a casualty. Luckily it's one of the shades I probably would never wear as it's a very metallic red, and on myself its a no go. As it's now Autumn I can really see myself using the other shades. In the Smashbox Palette, you can see that I've hit major pan in the yellow setting powder shade. I don't really use the eyebrow powders as they are too light for myself and they don't perform well as eyeshadows so I would rather depot the eyeshadows and the contour shades and throw the palette out.


So this is how my Z palette looks now! Needless to say, I am very happy with it, and I am very interested in getting more of the makeup geek single eyeshadows. Perhaps another Z-Palette .. 

The shadow pans with the three different shades are from Inglot Cosmetics.

Let me know if you have Z Palettes and if you were scared to depot palettes! Thank you for reading this blog post!

Many Thanks x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.