Did Someone Say ... Nudes?


Now when I say nudes of course I mean nude lipsticks, don't get carried away. I was never a fan of the nude lip look until recently when I have become a little more adventurous with my eye make up, so to balance it out nude lips are the way to go.


Liquid Lipsticks
The newest additions to my nude collection are the Nyx Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks. After seeing all the swatches and the videos online I know I had to get my hands on a couple and at £6.50 each they are a bargain considering they are a liquid lipstick. I got the colours Corset which is a cool tones light brown, Puch Up which is a more wearable nice thats a flesh toned pink and its similar to my own lip colour, and lastly I got the Laced Detail which is the lightest of the bunch and a neutral nude. The texture of these are quite drying as expected from a liquid lipstick and they don't have the staying power as my higher end ones however that is to be expected. I do think however they have brought something great to the market as not a lot of brands have brought out this many wearable neutral liquid lipstick shades within their range. If you want to try liquid lipsticks that are not a crazy colour and something for everyday give these a try.

Another highstreet brand is Bourjois and they have had their Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks out for a while. Although these are of a more mousey consistency and don't last a lot on the lips they are not drying at all and on myself don't accentuate any dry patches on the lips. A matte look of a liquid lipstick without the dryness. I nearly have all the shades in the collection however my favorite nude shade of the bunch is the shade Nude-ist and these retail for £8.99.

A little more higher end comes from the indie brand Dose of Colours with their popular shade Bare With Me. I really didn't like this color at first as I thought it was too nude for me and way too peachy however if I pare it up with a lip liner or wear it when I have more of a bold eye going on its ok. The formula of this is fantastic, it has a whipped consistency however tired down completely matte. I have to say that before wearing it you would have to give your lips a good scrubbing as it would cling to any dry patches you might have. Other than this its stays for hours and doesn't feel too drying at all. I am very interested in trying the colour Stone, which is sadly always sold out.

Next is a nude from Limecrime and its in the shade Bleached. I love this when I don't really know what to wear but I know I wanna a simple colour. I don't know about the whole conspiracy with the brand however I haven't had any issues with these and I adore my collection. When they release more shades that I am interested I won't hesitate to make an order. The formula of this is pretty thin and watery however its very pigmented. I suggest putting a balm before hand however they stay in place for hours.


Lip Crayons
My very first purchase from the brand Nudesticks was in the shade Whisper. At first I thought it would be too light however I have then realized this is my favorite nude ever. Its creamy and stays fut for a reasonable amount of time before you try and eat or drink.. It also has more of a matte finish although I believe they don't label it as such.

Something to add thats not in the photograph is the Maybelline Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade Nude Perfection which if you read my blog you would know its an exact dupe for Macs Velvet Teddy.


Lip Pencils.
Now the only Lip Pencils I am featuring in this post are both by Mac as I believe they have the best formula. They are not drying and they are not overly creamy either, so to me these are just right. Although I do own quite a few of these the most nude one I own is Boldly Bare. This is a peachy nude thats not too warm so for my lips that are pigmented enough on their own this is a great one for lightning up the colour of my own lips to give my face a softer look.
I also own a lip pencil from Urban Decay, and I have it in the shade Naked. This is a creamier lip pencil however the colour is pretty similar to boldly bare. This is a darker peach shade however and I really like this all over the lips. I usually wear it on the sunnier days under a light lipgloss.


Lipstick
Again I am going to talk about mac here as I think they have more variety when it comes to nudes. The two nudest I have in my collection are Creme de Nude which is really light and I can only pull it off with certain looks. The other is Creme Cup which is a popular shade I believe as its a nice subtle soft baby pink which looks great to just throw on.

Lip Gloss
Last but not least is probably one of the few glosses that I own and its from Gerard Cosmetics. I have the shade nude and its the prefect peachy pink however its not as nude as I would like per say. I toss this on when I don't know when to wear as it works with any look, plus its not sticky at all. I really need to invest in more shades.


Wow what a long post!!

Hope you enjoyed, and if you have any recommendations please let me know.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.