Kat Von D Shade & Light Glimmer Eyeshadow Palette Review + Swatches.

If you saw my last blog post you'll know that I bought the Shade and Light Glimmer Palette by Kat Von D. The main reason why I wanted this so bad was because it claims to have 4 different finishes in one palette, and it also goes along with the first matte palette. 


Can we talk about the packaging? The outside carton is so nice the way it shines in the light. The font is exactly the same as it is on the original shade and light, the differences are that the glimmer palette has the glitter accents, and the original has the gold and black lacquered embossed letters.


The Glimmer palette has plastic packaging compared to the Shade and Light Matte Palette which has the cardboard packaging. I have to say I think that although the stand out letters looks really nice, I can't help but feel as if I like the cardboard packaging more.


At first glance, you'd think it was the same palette, however, the finishes are completely different, and out of this word great. The "Base" shades, as they are so called in the original shade and light palette, which are the three larger pans are a satin finish. The "Contour" shades are more of a metallic finish. The "Define" shades are glittery shades, enough that they have a base layer that packs a punch of sparkle. And lastly, the "Highlight" shades are the super sparkly top coats, which are called the Glimmers.


My favourite finish in the palette is definitely the metallic shades. Kat Von D really knows how to make a stunning metallic shadow. On my fingers, I swatched a base shade, glimmer shade and then two metallics.
On my wrists, I have swatched all the shades with no edition of primer. I know that finger swatches are not the best thing to determine the quality of the shadows but they are the best to show pigment payoff. I swatched the shades per quad.

Neutral, Cool and Warm.
So would I recommend this palette? I would recommend the palette if you are a neutral eyeshadow lover. If you had this palette and the original Id think you really wouldn't need any other palette as you have satins, metallics and for fun times you have some glitter. I would advise you to either spray your brush, or possibly a glitter glue if you want to use the glimmer shades as an opaque shadow rather then a top coat.

I need to play a little more with it but please let me know what you think if you already have it? Are you thinking of getting it? Also, let me know what you want to see next?

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.