My Favourite Palettes... That I don't use?


Now, I have to put a disclaimer here. Yes, you read the title of this post correctly, I love these palettes so much but I baby them and don't use them. Some of the palettes that I own are either limited edition or expensive so I don't use these day to day, and I'll only use them on a special occasion. I baby these so much, that I keep most of my palettes in their original boxes.


The first palette that I consider to be one of my favourite children is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I bought this palette when it first initially launched from all the way from Sephora US. After using this a little I fell in love and felt like I never had a bad eye look day, and when the reviews came flooding in I was so happy that I have it. However, I knew I would continue to use it every day and eventually hit pan, and the fear of hitting pan go to me, and I decided to retire the palette for the time being. I do crack it out every so often though when I want a really warm eye look.


The other palette that I keep hidden is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette. I think the reason why I don't really use this palette a lot is because it was a limited edition release. I will crack this palette out for specific colours mostly. Hoewever, looking back at it really makes me want to play with it, but I know that feeling won't last and it's going to go back into its precious box. The colours that I love the most from this palette are the shades, Pink Champagne, Deep Purple and Hot & Cold.


The only face palette that I probably want to keep in as must pristine condition as possible is the Jaclyn Hill x Becca Collaboration Face Palette. I love Champagne pop and I have spoken before that I love the whole collection they brought out. I wasn't able to get the eyeshadow palette, however, due to the inconsistency between batches, I think I got a lucky escape of getting a bad one. This face palette was marketed to be limited edition, however, as the shades became more in demand you can now get Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop in their own pans and no longer limited edition. I own Champagne Pop Highlighter as a single, and I also own one of the split pans which contains Amaretto Blush and Prosseco Pop Highlighter. The only shades I would really need to use from the face palette would be the Rose Spritz and Pamplemousse Blushes. I love the shade Rose Sprits and I would use it in a very dewy look as it has a rose gold shift. I personally wouldn't use Pampelmouse as its a bit too loud for my fair skin, but who knows, maybe one day when I get a tan.


The next palette that I've retired back into its packaging is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. I also about this when it was marketed as a limited edition item, but now due to demand its permanent. I really love the smell of it and the pigmentation is really great. I have always seen the chocolate palettes around it didn't really have any interest in Too Faced products until I saw this palette. The shade range has everything to do with a peach, the leaves, the pit and of course the juicy skin. I find you can do really fun looks and really everyday looks with this palette. I have broken the palette whilst travelling, which I am so gutted about because now it doesn't close properly, so I just get it out when I want that special peach experience.


Lastly, my biggest baby, is my Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette. This is my most colourful palette, and I love it. This is also a limited edition item, and I love everything about it. The packaging is really special and the colours are super pigmented. I have done a whole blog post about it. The reason why I don't really go for it much is because the palette is just so big for every day. The metal shades are fantastic, however, I would probably only wear the shade Glitz (which I've also worn as a highlighter) every day as the other metal shades are quite intense. The mattes are very buildable, which is my favourite formula as I don't like mattes that are too pigmented right from the bat.


Sorry for the really long post but I've had this on my mind for a couple of days, as I seriously can't streamline no more palettes. Let me know if you baby any of your makeup because you love them so much, I can't be the only one.

Many Thanks x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.