Too Faced x Kat Von D Better Together Palette: Review.





If you saw my last post you'll know that I picked this palette up when it launched on the 14th of this month. It has taken a couple of months but it's finally available at Debenhams stores here in the Uk. Where I live, in North Wales, we do not have a Kat Von D or a TooFaced counter so swatching this before I bought it was impossible. I watched some youtube videos and I thought that I had to have it since nothing like this has happened before. this being when two similar makeup brands come together to create a product.
First on the packaging. I personally thought it would be bigger than it is. The quantity of product you get is very nice and if you saw my last post I mentioned that the palette on its own is worth £22 making each shadow in the palette around £1.80. I haven't looked up how much that is in dollars however I am sure you can look that up. The Kat Von D side does have a little more product than the Too Faced side but not by much. The palette can be split in two making it easy to take the palette with you while you travel. The magnets are also quite strong considering the rest is only cardboard and quite thin. Those are the things I like about the packaging, what I don't like is that the pan shapes are different. It's something quite silly to dislike however, I don't like how they have made a collaboration, to have the shades to not go well together. But the packaging to be very different. Maybe that's just me.
The palette can be split in two making it easy to take the palette with you while you travel. The magnets are also quite strong considering the rest is only cardboard and quite thin. Those are the things I like about the packaging, what I don't like is that the pan shapes are different. It's something quite silly to dislike however, I don't like how they have made a collaboration, to have the shades to not go well together. But the packaging to be very different. Maybe that's just me.
IMG_0046.JPG
On to the actual shadows that are very nice. As you can see the Too Faced side is more girly(-ish) compared to the KVD (Kat Von D) side. I am glad that they have included a cream shade and I personally use this to set my eyeshadow base. It isn't as pigmented and the white on the KVD side but I won't be using it as a main factor in an eye look anyway. On the Too Faced side, I like all of the colours apart from the bright cool toned pink. I personally will never use this colour on my eyes, however, I have found it to be a nice sheer flush of colour for the cheek so nothing will go to waste.
I have to say that the formula on the KVD side is my favourite, and her side has a lot more mattes. The shade lovestruck really is a gorgeous shade. It's sheer and not like her other formulas, however, I still love it. It's a gold but with a peachy shift that looks gorgeous on the eyes. The shade Darling is much more like her other formulas. it's a lot more buttery and its a silver but with a deep brown undertone,. This makes it a perfect colour for smoking out all over the lid.
Overall, I like this palette, but not the packaging. The shadows inside are very nice and high quality. I can see myself reaching for this palette when I need specific colours but not for every day. The red shade gives me life though, oh how I wish I could pull that off. I just think the packaging is a little tacky with the love notes and that. Let me know what new palette I should get my hands on next!

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.