Current Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick Collection

I am not a "professional" lip swatcher by any means, however, I thought I would show which of the Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks that I own. I highly recommend these if you are looking for a liquid lipstick that doesnt budge and really clings on, these are your best bet. At the moment she has a shade range that stretches to 26 colours however this new year she will be adding an additional 25 to her line. Some of which will be realeased soon and some in the spring, however, you can check out the new shades on her Instagram.

I own 11 of the shades from her current line at the moment. Through the past couple of years I have been ordering them from Sephora in the US. Thank the heavens you can now get them in the Uk though Debenhams, however you will be waiting longer if you are looking for the newer items, so I might still consider ordering from the US if you want newer arrivals sooner.

The Shades I own: (Named in the order that they are swatched. The first image are my bare lips.)

Noble - Petal Nude- Depending if I have faked tan or not, this shade can look a little orange however with a warm make up look can look more peachy pink. I love to pair this shade with a bold eye or even mix it in with other shades to lighten.

Bow and Arrow - Fawn Nude - On myself this is a staple lip. This brown nude isnt too warm or too cool but just right that it can go with any look. One of their most popular shades.

Lolita 2 - Terra Cotta Nude - An orange, brick nude shade that I like to pair with a very bronzed look. I really enjoyed this shade during the autumn season however I did wear it often in summer, as although its nude-ish it can be a very stand out shade.

Lolita - Chestnut Rose - I beleive this shade was released when she first brought out her liquid lipsticks, and since then it has gone through 2 formula changes so I dont know if this is like her origional shade. On myself its quite dark however I still love it and like to pair it with a strong eyeliner look.

Requiem - Soft Lilac - For myself, this is a bold colour. It's definitely the centre of the look when you wear this. I personally mix it in with other shades to lighten and to give a purple tint.

Lovesick - Mauve Nude - On myself this is very bright and not a nude at all, but I still love it. Its a purple pink, and Its the newest to my collection. I will definetly be wearing this in the spring time and I cant wait.

Double Dare - Cocoa Blush - I first saw this shade on Esteé Lalonde on Youtube. I have watched her channel for 5 years now I would say so when it comes to lipsticks I always consider her recommendation. I was watching a favourites video of hers one day and I kept thinking throughout the video, " damn what does she have on her lips" and she then stated that it was this shade and I beleive I bought it then and there. On myself is a pinky coral thats not too bright but it's a stand out shade for sure and I love this, and I should wear it more often.

Bachelorette - Dark Reddich Fusia -  This was the first one that I ever bought from Kat Von D and what got me on the band wagon. On me its a dark hot pink, and I usually wear this to go out during the summer time.

Nosforatu - Blood Crimson - The name has recently changed due to copyrite issues however I have it in the origional name. I have onyl worn it once during the holiday season in work and I loved it. It lasted for hours, no bleeding whatsoever, and even after I ate greasy food where a little came of, it built up no problem without sucking the life out of my lips.

Exorcism - Ripe Blackberry -  I love this shade and I should really wear it more often. It can get a little streaky when you have too much product on the applicator. I personally use them with a balm underneath, then scrape most of the product off the applicator and then use the applicator with a little product massage it into the lips for a thin yet pigmented application.

Damned - Black Cherry - This shade I havent worn all day yet as it is out of my comfort zone. I love the colour as its a very dark red shade thats definetly a statement. If built up, which with these you definetly can, it looks almost black. I might have to wear it out on the town one night.


In between every 4 swatch or so I applied a little foundation to the lips and the skin around to neutralize any redness or colour of previous swatch. I did the swatches in a space of 15 minutes so I apologise for the poor application.

Hope you found this helpful if you were looking to get one of these and wanted to see how they look on a pasty ghost like myself.

Thanks 
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.