Cheeky High-End Splurge

It isn't often that I buy a lot of high end make up in one go however I made a cult beauty order and just so happened to visit a Mac Counter the day after, so it just so happens I went all out. No regrets and that.

I'll start off with the items that I got in Mac. I was only going to go there for a red lip pencil (I was only going to get are always those famous last words aren't they?) but I got a couple of extra pretty things. I got the all so raved about Mac Pro Longer Concealer in NW15. This concealer is super light which makes it perfect for under the eyes to brighten and to hide those dark circles. I have found that a whole pump is a little too much for me, even for a whole face, and I do find that I need to set it with a translucent powder as it stays tacky for a while after the initial application.


Next thing I got was Macs Soft and Gentle. This was a recommendation from my friend Zoe who said that it was a perfect golden highlighter with a high impact, and thats exactly what it is. I am in love with this and I have even worn it as eyeshadow. What I'll do is lightly bronze the face, highlight the highpoint on my face with this, all over the eyelid and use the bronzer previously used in my crease which gives me a perfect summer look.


Now, back to my initial purchase, the red lip liner. I have had the Mac Ruby Woo Matte Lipstick for little over a year, and it was actually my first ever mac purchase, and it's my perfect red. Some I know find it super drying, and because its a Matte, it is, and with any Matte finish product it is going to be drying. I find if you pre your lips before hand with a scrub and a thick layer of balm everything should be ok. Anyway, back to the liner. My lippy has seen better days and it no longer gives me a straight edge when its applied, plus the dryness of it makes it drag on the lips causing even more mistakes. I was aware that Mac did a collection of lip liners of the same colour of their popular lipstick colours, so I went on the hunt and I finally got the Ruby Woo Lip Liner. This will obviously be great for any other red lipstick I have.


So, the Cult Beauty order... I got another highlighter. Bought two in the space of 24hrs, but again no regrets. I got the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the shade Moonstone, in the pressed formula. I initially wanted Opal however it was sold out at the time and the description of this was that it was a light shimmering of light gold I was sold. This highlight is beautiful. This is more like a wet look for the face that isn't a shimmer, its a perfect example of being lit from within, and i can imagine this being perfect for a bridal look.


The Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing is a cult product that bloggers and youtubers alike have raved about. I have used that Lush Magnaminty mask for a while however I wanted a change and something that would really pull out all the dirt from my skin. So I shall have to give it a go.


Something I probably should take care of more is my nails. I paint mine almost three times a week because they keep chipping. I need to change something up so I ordered the CND Stickey Base Coat. I shall have to see how this one goes. Possibly a review soon..


Another concealer Ceri? Really? I really wanted this mainly because all those really cool make up tutorials on Instagram uses something like this and I wanted to try and be cool too.... But on a more serious note I wanted a concealer that actually stayed in place.

All in all damage has been done, and I won't be doing any high end shopping for a while. Have you gotten anything new lately?

Many Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.