My 2017 Favourites.


I know this post is coming a little late, however, although I do have things in my collection I still need to review, I wanted to take a break from the review and haul posts for a while. I hope that my favourites will have a little more variety than other peoples posts, but we shall see. I will try and go in order of how I would apply my face.


Primer: This is something new that came to me at the end of the year but I can already tell its a firm favourite. I was always using the Becca Backlight Priming Filter which I still love however it wasn't doing anything to smooth texture and minimise pores, so I decided to try out a Jeffree Star recommendation, the Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer. This really smooths out my skin and creates a perfect canvas for my foundation. This is, however, a little mattifying, so it makes dewy foundations look more like a velvet finish.


Foundation: Now this is a tie between two oh so expensive, but worth it, foundations. The first foundation I'd like to mention is when I want a more natural finish, and that's the Gorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I have seen loads of people use 3-4 pumps of the foundation, I only use 1 pump for my whole face and I love the glowy finish it gives, but I find using more than 2 pumps a little heavy looking. My second foundation pick is the Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation Stick, and this one provides full coverage. I blend it out using a beauty blender and although its a stick foundation it doesn't look flat at all, but dewier.


Concealer: It may come to no surprise that the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is also in my favourites. I finally made a Tarte order to try them out since everyone and their mother is talking about it. I got the shades fair neutral and light neutral, just to be safe. The shade light neutral matches my skin pretty well, so I use that for blemishes and mix it in with fair neutral for under the eyes. It really is everything they say it is and I highly recommend.

Eyebrows: For my brows, I have been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in the shade ash brown. I have been using this all year round and its the perfect shade for me. I still haven't hit pan yet, but I am close. I use this on a nearly daily basis, even if I use the brow pomade, I will still add the powder on top just underneath the brow. I also use the 7b ABH brush as they recommend this brush is best to use with their powder. I used to use their 12 Brush but, I have been converted and haven't looked back.


Eyeshadow Palette: I buy new eyeshadow palettes all the time. When it comes to collecting a certain makeup product eyeshadow palettes are what I love the most. It was hard to narrow down a certain palette because I use a different one every week. I do remember, however, the fact I was so excited to get a certain palette after a certain palette and was so happy when I got it, and that's the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette. I would have never thought a Morphe Palette would be in my favourites, but since I was so surprised by the quality I had to mention it. I'm thinking of buying an extra one for my freelancing kit.
some of my favourite shades.

Eyeliner: My staple liner hasn't changed ever since I bout my first tube of it from Sephora years ago. That's the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in the black shade Trooper. I found that I get the sharpest line using this liner. It has a slight shine to it, but when you put a black shadow over the top it covers it. The only liner I like on par with this one is the Urban Decay Razor Sharp Liquid Liner, and I had it in the shade Demolition which is a matte dark brown shade. I am very interested in getting the matte black version.


Mascara: Mascara is something that I am not really fussed about, as long as it gives me some lengths that is. A new mascara that I've loved this year is the new Loreal Lash Paradise Mascara. I was surprised that, although this isn't a waterproof mascara, it didn't transfer on me. My lashes look almost twice the size with this mascara. The only downside is that it dried out after a couple of months, but that's probably for the best since you have to change your mascara every three months.


Bonzer: The bronzer that stood out to me this year was the Becca Sunlit Bronzer in the shade Capri Coast. It currently doesn't work for me as it's winter, so I am currently using Hoola Lite by Benefit, but ever since I bought it back in June it has stood out to me as my favourite bronzer. I may buy a lighter shade.

Blush: My blush is probably the same as last year. I have loved the Mac Blush in Blush Baby, as its a perfect mauve nothing colour. I have also loved the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion. Some days, however, I don't really wear blush, but these are the two I go for.


Highlighter: The highlight I now use nearly on a daily basis now is the Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Lightning Dust and Fire Crystal. I use the natural shade as an everyday highlight and its more of a glow, rather than the other side which is more full on. I do however use the other side to highlight around my eyes as the natural shade doesn't really stand out in that area. I am interested in trying the golden shade.

SWATCHED: Jeffree Star Liquid lipstick in Mannequin, Blush baby by Mac, Dim Infusion by Hourglass, Capri Coast by Becca and the Killawatt Highlighter by Fenty Beauty.

Lipstick: This section is pretty hard since its something I wear every single day and its nearly always something different. I have narrowed it down to one because I believe I've actually nearly finished it. That's the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade Mannequin. I find that it goes with any look as its quite a light brown shade that's quite neutral but flattering. I love it, and once it becomes back in stock, you better believe I'll be buying another. The ones I also wear all the time are the shades Ludwig and Lolita from Kat Von D.

I hope that you enjoyed this post although it is late and rather long. Please leave me comments on what you'd like to see on my blog. I have a handful of palettes to review, and a couple of Fenty Beauty products that I haven't shared yet.

Many Thanks x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.