Bargain Buys vol 1

Ok, let's just get this out of the way, but I never used to be a bargain hunting kinda gal. I always save my money and splurge on the higher end things in life, but now I discovered something. I found an app called Depop and it's just like eBay in a way, however, I feel like the sellers are a lot more hands-on when it comes to selling and replying to comments.


So as I've stated I am trying to branch out as a freelance makeup artist, so after watching/ reading a lot about becoming one I knew it wasn't going to be cheap. Luckily I do have a full-time job to start building up my collection but, I am going to have to buy quite a lot. 
Since I didn't want to use anything out of my personal collection (I have LOADS of makeup that I've only used once so it's easily sanitized) I, shamefully, looked on eBay to build up my collection. While I was scrolling through couldn't get myself to buy anything because I don't trust the makeup on there, and I would never put anyone at risk using something that either could potentially be non-genuine.

That's when I found the Depop app, and I found loads of people selling makeup. The things I was mostly looking for was was makeup brushes and makeup storage. The first thing I bought of Depop was the Zoeva Medium Tote Bag. I found a lot of sellers selling it for £30 as the price of the original item is £42. I actually got it for £18 which I was so excited, and it was only used a handful of times. It arrived within two days, and it looks almost brand new. I did find a couple of makeup fingerprints but I just wiped the whole bag with a detol antibacterial wipe just to be sure. I used it on a weekend away, and it had plenty of room for my staple makeup bits, my brushes and then some, so I think it will be great for me to carry my startup makeup kit.


The second item which I was originally going to buy off the Anastasia Beverly Hills website was the Volume 1 lip palette. I had been searching for a lightly used and that could easily be sanitised/new palette for a reasonable price. I found one that was given to someone as a gift and they didn't want it, and they were selling for £30, but that was sold just before I had a chance to purchase. The palette is originally £48 but I did find one seller selling for £44 including shipping. In the end, it's not much off, but I rather buy something in new condition. It arrived 5 days after purchasing, and I am very happy that it still had the clean packaging around it, and brush and mixing palette was unused.


My last bargain from the Depop app is a MakeupForever brush belt. Now, this was used and loved by its former owner, so it did need a little clean. I already have a pack of cheap toothbrushes that I used to deep clean certain items. I was able to turn the pockets inside out and clean them with antibacterial soap. I left it to dry on a towel over a radiator overnight and it looks brand new. I am very excited to start using it. I believe the original price for the brush belt is $55, however, through Depop I was able to buy it for £15 including shipping. So it's worth it sometimes to buy second hand wherever you can as long as you can easily sanitize the item, as it's not worth the risk if you cant.

I hope you enjoyed this post. As for Depop I highly recommend you contact the seller before purchasing, and buy in-app when you can to receive buyers protection. My experiences, however, have been nothing but positive.

Many Thanks x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.