My Drugstore Recommendations


So if you’re a reader of my blog I often only mention high-end products. The only reason I can justify this is that I only really buy makeup online. I live in a town in Wales where the only store with any real selection of makeup is Boots, and it's not a really big store either. So the selection of makeup I have at my disposal in person is quite limited. If I am going to buy drugstore makeup, ill make an online boots order as its free delivery if you collect in store.


Something that I always have in my personal makeup bag, and probably something ill buy for my freelancing kit (let me know if you want a blog post on this) is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I have been using this concealer for years and it's my go to if I need to cover blemishes as well as dark circles. The only downsize to this product is the shade range. It only comes in 4 shades and they only range to fair-medium-ish. However the pros far out-way the negatives as its only £4.99 and the shades stay quite neutral. Another Collection product that's really never let me down is the Collection Eyebrow Kit. I have it in the shade Blonde now, however, when I first initially bought it there was only one shade available. I use the darkest at the tail of my brow, or If I've just tinted my brow I use it lightly all over. I also use the other shades as eyeshadows, and as you can probably tell its very well loved.

Rimmel is one of the best brands for drugstore foundations, in my opinion. For the whole of last year, the Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation was my go-to foundation. Its full coverage, lasts long and it didn't break me out like a lot of affordable foundations. I bought it around 2-3 times, then I decided to try something else. The current drugstore foundation I use for lighter coverage days is the new Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Breathable Foundation. It has a weird yet satisfying large doe-foot style applicator, and it also smells really nice. Its only £8.99 at the moment on Boots.com, again the shade range isn't outstanding, but they do have a great selection of light shades.


A couple of other drugstore products that I like for face are the Nyx Total Control Drops which are also great for mixing with other foundations. I also like the Loreal Cushion Foundation, however, it's a little expensive for what it is. I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer, and I always take the sponge tip off as I feel like I can get better access to the product.


A couple of brow stuff that I also like is the Nyx Micro Brow Pencil. These are a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pencil, but they are £14 cheaper at only £8 each. Something that I use to set and add a bit of texture is the Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Filler. On the days where I just want to leave the house quick, but feel like I need a little something, this makes it look like I've filled my brows in when I've only brushed them through with this.


Now in case, this blog post becomes too long I'll just list a couple of other things that I recommend. For mascaras, the drugstore option is always great and I feel like the only difference between high end and drugstore are the name and packaging, in my opinion, that is. The two I currently have in my makeup kit are the Loreal Lash Paradise, which is super popular at the moment, it's a great all rounder and on me personally, doesn't budge all day. The second is the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Angel, and I have this in waterproof and with the comb wand it helps to lift the lashes and separate every hair. For bronzer, I use the Loreal Cushion Bronzer, and I apply that with my Beauty Blender, however, there is only one shade. A highlight dupe for the Cover Fx Liquid Highlighting Drops is from Barry M, they have brought out their Liquid Chrome. They seem a little thinker in texture than the Cover Fx but I can only assume they give the same effects as they give that wet look to the skin. I'm thinking of adding more shades of this to my kit as well.


Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to do something different rather than another haul or a single product review. As you can see I don't own/use drugstore shadows, so if you have recommendations (preferably ones I can get in the Uk) let me know.

Many Thank x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.