My Top 5 Red Lipsticks.


You can never go wrong with a red lip in my opinion. If I have to face the outside world and have no idea what to do with my face, I will skip the perfect eyeshadow look to a simple wing and a classic red lip. I own a lot of lip products and I have a fair few red shades from different brands with different formulas. These will be my personal top recommendations for anyone who is looking for a statement red lip.


Mac Ruby Woo
For anyone who knows anything about the beauty industry, Macs Ruby Woo Retro Matte bullet lipstick is a cult classic. It's a blue based red making it a really versatile shade that suits everyone. I have seen this shade on multiple skin tones with multiple looks, and its safe to say if you haven't found your red shade yet, give this a go. The only downside I would have to say with this particular lipstick is that it's quite drying. I am a massive lover of liquid lipsticks so I can tough out the dryness, however, if this is an issue for you I would say apply a heavy layer of lip balm whilst getting ready, remove the excess off before applying the lipstick, and you should be good to go.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Nosferatu
If you read my blog you'll know that I love the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. The shade is a little deeper than your average red and gives you that perfect vamp shades, I suppose that's hence the name. I prefer to wear this at night as for me it's a little too dark in the daytime especially this time of year, however, in the autumn I will be cracking this out no matter the weather nor time of day.

Nars Audacious in Lana
This is my go-to red summer shade. In my opinion, this shade has the correct balance of being that gorgeous orange-red shade whilst also being bright. The formula of this lipstick is also really long wearing considering its a very creamy lipstick. I would suggest applying a lip liner first or applying the shade with a brush if you want a precise application. It also has a satin finish, however, it's possible to blot it down enough to make it a little matte.

Nyx Lingerie in Exotic
This is a new edition to my lipstick collection but I am already loving it. I really like this formula considering its easy on the wallet and by Nyx. This shade of red is more muted, and not bright whatsoever. I sort of reminds me of the colour you get when you have sore lips, I know that doesn't sound appealing whatsoever but hear me out. No red lipstick looks natural, but this one sort of does. It's a muted red that's easy to wear, so if you are strictly a nudes kinda gal, give this a try.

Jouer Lip Cream in Watermelon
Jouer, oh Jouer, you know I love you so much. These liquid lipsticks have got to be my favourite formula ever. Not only do they smell really sweet (as I hate floral/chemical scents), but they are also non-drying. I don't really like the square packaging, but I guess it makes them small enough for you to just throw them in your bag. This shade, in particular, is a super bright true blue toned red, and compared to the rest of my collection, it's actually quite neon. It was part of their mermaid collection that was released last year but I believe you can still get your hands on it.



Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what you'd like to see next. Maybe a nude version? Please also let me know what your favourite red is so I can perhaps expand my collection? 

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.