January Favourites


 It has been a while since I last blogged, but I have been feeling a little uninspired. I want to make my blog more... me, and I still haven't found my own style as of yet, but I will get there.
I thought I would get back into the swing of things and start dedicating to actually posting a favourite product post each month.

I don't really have a lot of makeup products as I've just been using the same things quite often. I do however have a couple, and I will be re-purchasing these when they run out. The first are two products from Urban Decay. The first is the green colour correcting fluid, and I use this on my cheeks and nose. In the morning my face becomes quite red after rubbing in skincare and nothing covers it up completely, however using this does even it out a little and it really helps. Next is a cult classic, the Urban Decay Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer. It claims to be crease-proof, it still does on my but when set it doesn't budge. I use the lightest shade and its perfect for brightening. 


My favourite base that I've been using non-stop is the Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation. I have very dry skin and this works great for a stick foundation. I mostly prefer light-medium coverage when it comes to foundation then use a full coverage concealer, however, this is a foundation and concealer in one and its a 100% full coverage. When I want to feel Beyónce flawless I use this. It lasts pretty long as well, and also gives a satin finish. Depending on the powder you use it can get matte quick, but still doesn't look cakey. A little goes a long way. 

Unlike most foundations, I don't use a beauty blender to apply this. I use the ibeauty 21 brush. This looks very much like those expensive Artis brushes however this is a fraction of the price and probably works just as well. In my opinion, this gives you the greatest coverage from your foundation as it doesn't soak up and foundation and works it into the skin.


Some skincare bits I've been loving are from high street to high-end. The pricier product is the Kehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with avocado. I am 24 and starting to get really dry under eyes. I suffered for a really long time before actually doing anything about it.. but when I got this it all went away in a weeks time. I have been using it every morning and night since. My eyes look a lot less tired and visibly hydrated.

By far the best sheet mask that is on the market is the Garnier Moisture Tissue Mask. I have been an avid user of the Glam Glow thirsty mud mask for a while, however, I am starting to run out and I can't bring myself to spend another £40 on one pot. This Garnier sheet mask is always discounted in Boots and gives me the same results as Glam Glow. Super moisturising and plumping. If you have very dry skin, I highly suggest buying a couple of these and giving them a go.



My last favourite of the month is a liquid lipstick. I don't know if I have ever mentioned this but the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Mannequin is my perfect nude. I remember when I first got this and I was still into dark mauves, I thought it would be way too nude. Now, I love this. If I wear a bold eye makeup that either a cool toned lip won't work and a warm-toned lip doesn't work, I always wear this shade! If you want to try a nude liquid lipstick and you are very pale like I am, and don't want concealer, trust me that this is the perfect colour.


So, perhaps a little late in the next month for this, but I already took the photos and wanted to talk about them. Have you tried any of these products? What were your favourites? Please let me know.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.