My Love for the Jaclyn Hill x Becca Collection


So Something That wasn’t really meant to happen was that I made another Sephora order. I have never made more than two orders in one month however when something LiMITED EDITION comes out you guys know I have to get on the band wagon. The main reason why I made my second Sephora order was because Becca came out with the split pan highlight and blush compact.


 This makes me sound that I am obsess with with Jaclyn Hill as I have been hunting for everything that she has done wth Becca. I just have ti say I do watch Jaclyn and I do like her videos however her videos don’t really look like anything different from a lot of other beauty “gurus” on youtube. I do however like what she and becca have created together. I do own Beccas original highlighter in the shade moonstone and I love it. What made me invest in Champagne pop was partially the fact that there was ALOT of hype about it within the beauty community but also, I was on the hunt for a peach highlight. I own one of the NARS Dual intensity blushes in the shade jubilation. With these you can either use them wet or dry and even though the gold she s a little dark for me I do use it wet on the eyelids however the peach shade is gorgeous on the skin. I don’t know if I am different or strange in this regard however once something hits pan on a palette or stats to look gross I will stop using it. So instead of using the peach toned highlight/ blush to death I decided to bit e the hype bullet. This highlight can look a bit dark no me in the winter however its stunning during the summer with a little tan. I used this on my sister for her summer prom and because she was wearing an off the shoulder dress I put it on her declitage and her shoulders and it really brought the glam to life.


So as you guys know from its individual post I bought the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette. I really wanted to get the eyeshadow palette as well but if you pay any attention to the beauty news you will know what happened with that. If you don’t, the eyeshadows were made in another factory that Becca had never used before and the palettes all came out inconsistent. Some of them were very good and others were very bad, so Becca decided to pull them from the Champagne Collection. Jaclyn herself spoke up about the palette saying she wouldn’t stand behind it if it was still up for sale. What prompted me to get this was even though as you know I really am a HUGE sucker for anything limited edition, but it was infect that there was a brand new highlighter in the palette which I am not really sure if this was created by Jaclyn. The shade is called Prosecco Pop which is a light gold highlighter. Its more of a deeper gold than moonstone however its not a pure gold which makes it a more wearable shade. I cannot pull this shade off during the winter and I would be stupid to try. I do really like this as more of a subtle blush topper but in summer with a tan I am going to rock this as a highlight also.

Back to the split pan compact I got it in the shade Ameretto which is my favorite blush in the face palette and it also has prosseco pop. I was very excited that they brought out split pan versions as I am actually quite scared of using my face palette because its something so beautiful. I will of course use it before it expires but I am not ready as of yet. I don’t really know if my mind is playing tricks on me but Ameretto looks so much more pinky in the split pan than it does in the face palette. I do love this though and even though its limited edition which they should be made permanent in my personal opinion, I am not scared to use it.

Something that I didn’t think I would get and something I might get more of is the Becca SlimLights which are also Limited Edition. So I have the shade in Champagne pop and I really want the shade in Pearl. This is made for accurate highlighting like the inner corners of the eyes, the brow bone and the cupids bow. Personally for myself I don’t know if its the shade, hence why I want another colour, but it does give a slight sheen but not as intense as the highlighting powders. This is why I, again, have gotten the fear of actually use it, and I use it on a daily basis as brow bone highlight as I don’t like an obvious highlight in the area. I also use it on my cupids bow when I want something subtle.


All in all this collection has ignited something in me when I didn’t know I could love make up more and I am glad that Becca and Jaclyn Hill came together to create such wonderful products.

Let me know what you think about the collection and what do you think will be the new thing after highlight is over ? Will its ever be over because I don’t want it to be! *sad crying emoji face*

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.