My Top Brush Cleansers

I do have a post that is similar to this however I have discovered a few new ways of cleaning my brushes and a few new products to use.


How often do I clean my brushes?
For me it depends, I deep clean ( shampoo, with antibacterial and leave them overnight to dry) my face brushes every two - three weeks. I have a lot of brushes so I tend to use a clean one if the one I am currently using gets a little too dirty. For eye brushes I spot clean.


To deep clean my brushes I have found a lot of different products to use. Things like Fairy Liquid, baby shampoo, or any shampoo, soaps can be used.


What I personally use is the 18 uses Dr Bronners Magic Soap. This is antibacterial, so it can get rid of the gunk thats been in some of my brushes for weeks out. The problem that I have found with this product is however in that it doesn't get stains out. Some heavy duty or heavily pigmented foundations or other products stain the white fibers of the brush. What I use to fix this problem is a solid soap. I prefer to use the Lush Soap Bars. They get rid of the stain and even reveal some make up that is hiding deep in the brush, and also leaves the brush smelling great even when its dried.


For spot cleaning I use the Superdrug own brand Makeup Brush Cleanser. Before I found this I would use any micellar water that I had on hand. This is what I use now and I have to say its great! I use this after I use a brush to apply eyeliner, brow products and if I used a dark eyeshadow. It cleans the brush right away with minimal drying time. The reason I use it after I use brow products and eyeliner is because it keeps the brush sharp, and ready for its next use the next day.


The soap I am currently using is the Over The Rainbow Soap by Lush and then a drop of the Dr Bronners soap for antibacterial properties. 


The glove that I us to clean my brushes is the Soap and Glory Massage mit. This is something that isn't meant to be a brush cleaning device however this is what I use it for. I remember about two years ago I was going to invest in the Sigma Make Up Brush Cleaner Glove, however in my local Boots store I saw this, and it was on sale, I thought to myself that they are basically the same. I always use this now and it was a great choice to give it a purchase.


As you can see, good as new. If you have any other recommendations of products to use let me know, and I hoped you liked this blog post.

Many Thanks x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.