Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Polish Review



A new nail polish launch from Barry M is the … , perfect timing for the summer.This is a UV based polish that uses the rays of the sun to dry, like having professional gel manicures under a UV light, but now you can do it at home with no lamp required. It comes in a variety of … total shades, and I picked up two including the top coat. The colors I got were … which is a nude, cream with a hint of pink and the other is .. which is a deep raspberry with purple undertones. On each of the polishes you get a little piece of folded card that explains how the polish works and how to apply.




As pictured above I tried on the darker shade of the two (comes up a little more red on camera). On first impressions I really likes the shade as it reminds me of the flowers that come into bloom this season. I applied two thin coats followed with the topcoat. Between coats I rested my hands on my desk where the natural sunlight streamed through the window. The drying time was super quick, even quicker than their other latest launch which is the Speedy Nail polishes that came in all the pastel shades. The colour went on with no streaks whatsoever, however when just the colour was applies it dried to a matte finish. This is where the top coat came in.




I applied a generous layer of the topcoat as the brush of this is a little stiff compared to the colors, which if you have too little on the brush it will create streaks. However this also dried super quickly in the sunlight. When dried it left such a glossy finish, almost gave my nails a wet look. They stayed shiny for a while after application compared to my other polishes that seem to dull down after a couple hours of wear, which I was impressed by as I normally use Seche Vite Top Coat.
All in all I really like the formula and the finish that it gives. As for the claims that it lasts for a long time like having a professional gel manicure under a UV lamp, I can’t agree. Nail polish doesn’t last on mw whatsoever as I am too heavy handed and I get chipped nails either on the day of application or I will 100 % get a chip the next day without a fail. Thats ok with me, having chipped nails doesn’t bother me as long as its only little chips. However If you know that you’re heavy handed, do a lot of dishes, or are hard grafting and looking for a nail polish that will stay with you, I suggest the only thing you can do is get them professionally done, as these polishes won’t last. For me this si a sad fact as Ive tried so many polishes and non last beyond two days. 

However on a lighter note, these polishes are super quick! If you are in a hurry, couple of coats go out they dry then pop on the top coat and bomb! Atleast you know you will be good for that day.

Thanks for reading x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June & July Favorites

Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette Review & Swatches

Make Up Forever Starlit Palette. Review & Swatches.